Since the height of the pandemic, business for delivery companies like Amazon, FedEx, and UPS has been on the rise. Although dedicated to ensuring packages are delivered on time, it also brings a more significant risk factor of delivery truck-related accidents. Due to these vehicles being larger and a lot heavier than a standard passenger vehicle, injuries can be more severe. When attempting to prevent these types of accidents, it's essential to understand the associated causes. These typically include:
- Driver fatigue
- Damage or hazards on the road
- Impaired or driving under the influence of drugs and alcohol
- Heavy traffic
- Reckless and distracted driving (texting, eating, etc.)
- Mechanical problems and faulty parts
What Can I Do If I've Been Involved in an Accident With a Delivery Truck?
Being in an accident with an Amazon, FedEx, or UPS truck can be stressful and a challenging process to experience. Although it won't be easy, the process may be smoother when following these important steps:
- Remain on the scene: Be sure to stay on scene until law enforcement has been notified and has responded.
- Seek medical attention: Even if you don't think you are injured, damage to the brain and spine have symptoms that don't always show up right away. Getting proper medical attention as soon as possible is important for your case and health.
- Details: Make sure you gather as many details as possible. This will be beneficial when compiling solid supporting evidence for your case and will help you if you choose to work with a lawyer.
- Hire an Attorney: Cases like this can be challenging and have many components. Working with a skilled professional can help the outcome of your case and ensure you understand all elements associated with your claim.
We Can Help
If you or someone you know has been injured in a delivery truck-related accident, you may be eligible for financial compensation. Here at Gaddis, Herd, Craw & Adams, P.C., we have the skills and resources you need to help fight your case. Our team of skilled attorneys is dedicated to supporting you through your entire claim process and is committed to making sure you receive the compensation you deserve. Let us help you.
Contact us today at (719) 249-6240 or visit us online to schedule your free case review with a member of our team.