Mr. Herd is assisted by Trina Kauk (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Denise Yerkey (email@example.com).
Tom Herd is a trial lawyer. Tom’s practice focuses on personal injury and wrongful death cases including motor vehicle crashes and bad faith conduct by insurance companies in wrongfully denying benefits.
Tom is a graduate of Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers College, the most prestigious trial advocacy college in America. Tom holds the coveted Martindale-Hubbell AV rating, and has been identified as a Super Lawyer (top 5% as selected by his peers) in the State of Colorado. He is also a member of the American Board of Trial Advocates, a national association of experienced trial attorneys dedicated to the preservation and promotion of the right to a civil jury trial. Tom also serves as a member of the Colorado Supreme Court’s Disciplinary Committee.
Tom has served the legal profession as the President of the El Paso County Bar Association. Tom has also served the community as the President of the Pikes Peak Library Board of Trustees, and as the President of the Pikes Peak Library Foundation Board.
Tom has two children. When he is not practicing law, Tom enjoys cycling, golfing, skiing, traveling and watching his children participate in sports.
Areas of Emphasis
- Georgetown University School of Foreign Service, B.S.F.S, Cum Laude, 1975
- University of Fribourg, Switzerland, 1973 to 1974
- University of Notre Dame Law School, Juris Doctor, 1978
- El Paso County Bar Association: President, 2002-2003; President-Elect 2001-2002; Secretary, 1989-1990; Program Director, 1988-1989
- Colorado Bar Association: Representative, Board of Governors, 2001-2003.
- Colorado Trial Lawyers Association: Board of Directors, 1996 to 1999; Eagle Committee, Co-Chairman 1996 to 1997; Chairman of Colorado Springs Division 1996 to 1999; Coloradans for Civil Justice, 1999 to present; Membership Committee, Co-Chairman 1997 to 1998
- American Association for Justice
- Pikes Peak Library District Foundation: Board of Directors, 2007-2013
- Colorado Supreme Court’s Disciplinary Committee
- American Board of Trial Advocates
Past Memberships and Honors
- Judicial Nominating Commission: (appointed by Governor Romer), Member, 1996 to 2001
- Pikes Peak Library District: President, Board of Trustees, 2002 to 2003; Board of Trustees, 1999 to 2006
- Big Brothers Program: Advisory Board, 1986 to 1992; Chairman, 1989 to 1992
- Pikes Peak Legal Services: Board of Directors, 1986 to 1992 Deputy State Public Defender: 1978 to 1982 National Mock Trial Team: Barrett Award, University of Notre Dame Law School, 1977 to 1978
- Graduate of Gerry Spence’s Trial Lawyers College
- Seminar speaker on personal injury issues
- Attends seminars with the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association
- Has completed the Advanced National Institute of Trial Advocacy (Civil) Program
- Attends many programs in the area of Trial Advocacy (Keenan-Ball, Trojan Horse)