We Are Exceptionally Experienced Lawyers Who Are Dedicated To Getting People Justice Under The Law
Colorado Springs Car Accident Lawyers
More Than 150 Combined Years of Legal Experience
Most car accidents are preventable, making it that much more frustrating if you were injured in one. If you or a loved one were harmed in an accident due to someone else’s irresponsibility, now is the time to explore your legal options with an car accident lawyer in Colorado Springs.
Our car accident attorneys in Colorado Springs will collect the information and testimony needed to compellingly put forth our clients' eligibility for relief.
Understanding What Needs to Be Done After a Car Accident
In the aftermath of a car accident, it is crucial to take certain steps to ensure your rights and interests are protected. The chaos and confusion immediately following an accident can be overwhelming, making it difficult to think clearly or act logically. Knowing what to do beforehand can help you act appropriately and strengthen your chances of recovering compensation for your damages and injuries.
After a car accident, you should:
- Ensure Safety: First and foremost, assess your injuries and ensure your immediate safety. If possible, move your vehicle to a safe distance from traffic.
- Call 911: Inform the authorities about the accident. They will dispatch police and medical assistance to the scene. A police report can be a valuable piece of evidence for your case later on.
- Document the Scene: Take detailed pictures of the accident scene, the vehicles involved, and any visible injuries. These can provide important visual evidence.
- Exchange Information: Collect the other driver's name, contact information, and insurance details. Provide your information to them as well.
- Seek Medical Attention: Visit a doctor as soon as possible after the accident, even if you feel okay. Some injuries might not be immediately apparent.
- Get a Copy of the Police Report: The report will contain important details about the accident which can be useful for your claim.
- Contact a Car Accident Lawyer: Consult a car accident attorney in Colorado Springs. They can help navigate the legal process and ensure you receive fair compensation for your injuries and damages.
- Keep Detailed Records: Maintain a record of all medical treatment, expenses, and any lost wages related to the accident. This can help quantify the financial impact of the accident.
Can I File a Car Accident Claim After Insurance Pays?
Since most insurance settlements state specifically that the amount agreed upon will be the only compensation paid, once you sign to a settlement it’s usually difficult to pursue any more compensation.
If you have already signed an agreement, it’s possible you may still have options. Call our experienced lawyers today to learn how our Colorado Springs accident law firm can help you.
Types of Car Accidents
In most car accidents, negligence is assigned to one or more drivers. For example, if you were driving and following all of the laws but another driver hit you while they were texting and driving, it would be a clear-cut case. However, some accidents may not be as clear, requiring thorough investigations by a legal professional.
Types of car accidents include:
- Driving over the speed limit
- Driving recklessly
- Failure to signal
- Not following traffic laws
- Disregarding traffic conditions
- Disregarding weather conditions
- Texting and driving
- Driving under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Fatigued driving
Why Choose us As Your Car Accident Attorney?
Our legal team has extensive experience handling all types of auto accidents. Whether your accident was a result of drunk driving or a defective auto part, our Colorado Springs auto accident lawyers are prepared and equipped to fight for your maximum compensation.
At Gaddis, Herd, Craw & Adams, P.C., our legal team of car accident lawyers in Colorado Springs has a strong track record of success and has a reputation for being result-oriented and client-centered.
Visit our personal injury lawyer reviews to see why clients think our Colorado auto accident law firm goes above and beyond.
Is this what happened to you? You are hurting from persisting neck pain since being in a car accident six months ago. That rear-end collision left very little damage to the back of your automobile. The insurance adjuster for the driver who rear-ended you says the collision did not cause your neck pain because there was no damage to your vehicle.
What Do You Do?
You should consult with lawyers who specialize in car accident cases and personal injury claims. The situation above is a typical response we see from insurance adjustors when there is little or no visible damage to your motor vehicle after a collision. But, just because there was little damage to your car does not mean you could not be injured. Our car accident lawyer in Colorado Springs will be with you every step of the way.
Are You Suffering From Neck Pain as Result of Your Car Accident?
The law requires you to prove your neck pain was a result of the car accident. In Etherton v. Owners Insurance Company, the Federal Courts instruct judges to use a practical approach to decide if a car crash caused the injury:
- Is it possible your neck pain was from the collision?
- Did your neck pain begin soon after the accident?
- Were you free of neck pain until this motor vehicle accident?
- Do your medical records show there is no other likely reason why you developed neck pain?
If an lawyer expertly investigates your case, and documents that the answer to these questions is “yes”, it is not fair for the insurance company to deny your claim.
Our lawyers have the specialized knowledge and experience to see that you are treated fairly by insurance companies. We know the engineering studies that show there is no direct connection between the amount of damage to a car, and whether the people inside got injured. There are scientific reasons why one person can be killed, but another can walk away without a scratch, from the same accident. Our Colorado Springs car accident lawyers have handled many auto accident cases and can help you fight for the compensation you deserve.
At Gaddis, Herd, Craw & Adams, P.C., our clients are never just numbers to us. We work closely with them and their families to learn how their accident impacted their lives, then we diligently seek compensation to address both their immediate and long-term needs. If you are ready to partner with a diligent and compassionate legal advocate at this difficult time, our firm is ready to take your call.