We Are Exceptionally Experienced Lawyers Who Are Dedicated To Getting People Justice Under The Law
James W. Kin
Real Estate and Business Law in Colorado Springs
After over 45 years of practicing law, James Kin is still motivated by
the important service performed by lawyers to our community and continues
to enjoy the challenge of helping clients understand and make their way
through real estate and business transactions and find solutions to their
real estate and business problems and disputes. He has reduced his practice
to office matters and no longer litigates. However, he still counsels
clients on pre-litigation analysis and problem solving. When necessary
he refers the matter to litigation counsel.
What I Do:
Commercial Real Estate
Residential Real Estate
For Sale By Owner (FSBO)
Property Line and Boundary Disputes
Easement and Access Issues
Counseling Regarding Commercial Foreclosures
Business Entities (Corporations, Partnerships, Limited Liability Companies, Professional Corporations and Partnerships): Formation and Dissolution
Purchase and Sale of Businesses
Small Business Counseling
What I Don't Do:
- I no longer do litigation. In most matters, resolving a matter in court is too expensive, unpredictable and unsatisfactory. However, I can assist you in analyzing your claim and working on a resolution. If the matter needs to be litigated, I will refer you to an experienced litigator to handle the matter.
Residential Landlord-Tenant Matters and Disputes
- I do not handle matters regarding residential landlord tenant disputes. However, most clients simply need a review of the issues and counseling on how to resolve the problem.
- I do not handle Residential Mortgages and foreclosures
- I do not handle Construction Defects and Disputes
- I do not handle Workmens Compensation
Education & Memberships:
- St. Joseph’s College, Indiana, Bachelor of Arts, Cum Laude, 1965
- Wayne State University Law School, Juris Doctor, 1969
- Colorado Bar Association: Real Estate Section
El Paso County Bar Association:
- Legacy Society and mentoring program
- Real Estate Section
- Admitted to practice in Colorado: all courts; U.S. District Court, District of Colorado and Western Michigan, 10th Circuit Court of Appeals and U.S. Supreme Court
Community Memberships and Honors:
- Co-Counsel in Shea v. Vialpando, 416 U.S. 251 (1974); presented case before the United States Supreme Court
- Colorado Land Use Commission: Member; Chairman 1980-1981
- Clean Air Campaign, Inc.: Board of Directors, 1986-1994; Vice President, 1991-1992; Recipient of 1994 Crystal Peak Award
- Downtown Pikes Peak YMCA: Board of Directors, 1988-1998; Chairman, 1994-1996
- Metropolitan Board Pikes Peak YMCA: Board of Directors, 1990-1996
- Partners in Housing: Board of Directors, 1991-1997
- Downtown Action Plan Committee: Member, 1989-1992; Downtown Action Plan adopted in 1992
- Downtown Colorado Springs, Inc.: Recipient of the Whetstone Service Award, 1997
- Colorado Springs Downtown Partnership, Inc.: Director and Past President
- Colorado Springs Community Ventures, Inc. Art on the Streets
- Colorado Springs Urban Renewal Authority: 2008 - 2013
- Rawles Open Space Neighborhood Master Plan Committee: Plan adopted February 24, 2015. One of three neighborhood initiated master plans in Colorado Springs.
FEES: I bill by the hour. My current filling rate is $285/hour. After reviewing the scope of the work you need, sometimes I can give you a flat fee for those services. Most times, I am not able to know how much time it will take. In those cases, I will give you an estimate and range to help you in managing your case. You will be billed monthly as of the 22nd of each month with an itemized invoice for the time spent.
With all appointments, bring copies of all documentation that is relevant to the issues you want me to address. That saves me time and you money.
James W. Kin
At Gaddis, Herd, Craw & Adams, P.C., we have the skills and experience you deserve. Get to know our team by scrolling down and select the staff you would like to learn more about.
Backed by a Long Track Record of Success
Mother’s Wrongful Death
Woman of Great Intelligence & Integrity
“I was not just a client. I was someone Derry Adams knew and was fighting for my rights.”
Gary Craw was always honest and sincere with all matters involved.
“Gary Craw's professionalism showed in every aspect of this case.”
Gary Craw handled my case with utmost compassion, honesty and the highest of ethical standards.
“I recommend Gary Craw unreservedly for personal injury cases.”
Derry Adams is a wonderful person and a hard working attorney.
“Derry Adams and her assistant Lizzy kept me informed about developments on my case from beginning to end.”
Uncomplicated & Easy Estate Process
“Larry Gaddis and the staff are always professional, friendly, and thoughtful. I’m glad I had the opportunity to work with you.”
Very polite, courteous, and professional!
“Very polite, courteous, and professional! Would highly recommend Tom Herd to friends and family.”
Warm Personality & Thorough
“Larry Gaddis is positive, has a warm personality, is thorough, gives understandable explanations, and has an efficient work style.”
Don't Try to Negotiate with the Insurance Company Yourself
“I was injured in a car accident by a negligent driver. Tom Herd handled my personal injury claim and I was very happy with his work.”
What Sets Us Apart?
Relief From Worry and Uncertainty Throughout the Legal Process
Lawyers With Over 150 Years of Combined Experience
Highly Experienced Lawyers
Personalized and Caring Representation